Online Dating...The Persian

Hmmm, the Persian...I liked him...

..even though he lied about his age and his name. I understand people using aliases on dating sites but when you take the next step to meet with someone, I feel as a rule of etiquette, the basics should be revealed. Basics like, hey Lols, I know on the site it states that I am 42 years old but I'm actually 53...I know it says my name is John but my real name is ...

I shouldn't have to catch you answering your phone with a completely different name and when I ask, then and only then do you tell me John isn't your real name.

Anyway, the Persian...I liked him, he was cute, sue me...He definitely looked older with a little bit of a potbelly, attributes that were not visible from his photos but I liked him. There was something about him. He had a great sense of humour, I never laughed so much.

We started off meeting at the local cafe; we had such a great time there, we didn't want it to end, we headed off to see a movie and had dinner. We spent the whole day together. At the end of the day, I couldn't get past the silly little lies; I kept thinking if he could lie about the little things what big things could he be keeping from me. After my second date with him, which was just as great as our first meeting, I knew I would not be seeing him again. I still think about him every now and then but I know it would not have worked because the foundation was mush!

Stick a fork in me....I'm done!

Comments

Popular Posts