Girls that like girls...

Okay, don't get excited...this is not a post to satisfy your fantasies - boys, so look away if that is what you are expecting.

I wondered why it is so difficult for women to get along with other women. I mean, men have their,
bros before hoes mantra
men can hang with their boys and absolutely love it but why do women always have drama?

I fell in love with Sex and the City and for a while Girlfriends was a fun show to watch...these shows proved that women can be best friends for real but unfortunately, it is not the case in real life.

Being a woman of a certain age and single, I've wanted to get a set of female friends together so we can hang out and share common interests.

The first frenemy, found a way to end our friendship over a trip because she was selfish and thought I wouldn't pay my end; she ended up looking foolish cause she did not have anyone to hang with and all my friends were there.

The second faux friend, who literally cried in my ear everyday about how much she wanted to get married, took off with the first guy that showed her the tiniest bit of attention...can't wait to hear how that story ends.

And now, this third back-stabber takes the cake. She just got off a bad break-up, which incidentally, I did too. However, she was taking hers really hard...I'm there to call him all the names in the book and help her understand that he was not the one. She loves to go out every night, I would say I'm somewhat conservative but I love a good time. She invites me out, maybe for lunch or we go get our nails done then she wants to hit the next night spot. Mind you, I'm looking crazy as fuck, while she is appropriately dressed and she says let's go. I go, because I believe the outing might cheer her up. She believes she is an experienced party girl and I am a beginner. Too funny...

Every time we've gone out, she thinks she looks better, because she is much smaller than me, plus I don't try...I told you guys, I am self-actualized, self assured!

Fast forward to a couple of days ago, I wanted some peach cobbler from some cafe we had visited once before when I looked and felt like a stuffed turkey but that's a whole 'nother story. I told her I had a hankering for it and she was up for it.

This time, I got dressed, put on some make up, no stuffed turkey tonight, biatch and off we went. She has a specific type of guy she likes, I didn't realize that this one guy (her spec) had been scoping me out all night, however, this other guy had been glued to me the entire time. When her spec couldn't take it any longer, he walks over to us and asks for my number, I ignore him because clearly I was sitting with a gentleman who just bought us drinks and that would have been rude. So he gives her his number, I guess she thought it was meant for her, she asks him if he wants her to call him but he says, no, I want you to give her my number so she can call me.

She went bananas, yelling at me, saying don't you ever, I am not your servant...bla bla bla, don't you have your phone, it was crazy, then she proceeded to give him my number.

It was the oddest thing! I had no intention of giving out my number to anyone, it was an evening out to eat, laugh out loud, flirt a little but go home without any attachments.

For someone who is always on about being a wingman, that was a poor showing on her part. Oh, well another one bites the dust!

Comments

Popular Posts