Death's Finality...Life's Fragility...

Death always forces one to recognize the fragility of life...especially when it is unexpected and abrupt.

On Saturday, February 11, 2012...Whitney Houston died!

They say she was 48, she was found under water in the bathtub at the Beverly Hilton Hotel...cause of death, as at this time, still unknown.

When I heard the news...well, my sister informed me while I was catching reruns of RHWOBH at her place...Let me paint the picture-> her phone beeped, indicating a text message, she read it and gasped out loud. Then with her mouth still agape she looks at me and at that very moment my pulse increased exponentially...I looked at her saying, WHAT!!! Then she says, "Whitney Houston is dead." Now, friends, I have warned my sister never to give me news like that, by like that, I mean her conveyance and delivery of bad/sad news because she's my sister and I immediately start thinking the message is closer to home.

Well, after I breathed a sigh of relief(you can't blame me), I asked the what, where, when and how, but of course there were no answers...or were there?!

Whitney, a woman who possessed a gift that could only have been bestowed on her from God, had a protracted addiction and I'm sure 'tis what did her in.

She has become a cautionary tale!

The weird thing is when you listen to her music, the words are so inspirational, strong and filled with hope; one has to wonder if she ever listened to her own music or is the fact that she was not a songwriter, did not write any of her songs, a case for the contrary behaviour?

This is the reason I'm more angry than sad!!

Nonetheless, may her soul rest in perfect peace and my condolences to her family.

Comments

Unknown said…
quite sad to lose such a lovely angel.
Lolita said…
Yes, sad indeed!

Popular Posts