300 revisited


Okay, now that I am done wiping the drool from my face.


I just wanted to mention a scene in the movie that I really loved. I know that the story is not completely based on historical facts but I was thoroughly impressed by the way Leonidas always conferred with his wife. I love the way he protected her honour when the Lagbaja-looking messenger insulted her.


Conversely, I do feel that there was a little bit of a contradiction when Queen Gorgo went to speak to the council, all the hoops she had to jump through just to speak to a council of men. If they really revered their women why was it such a task for a whole Queen to speak to them.


Anyway, I am moving Gerard Butler to my top eight for that ultra-sexy accent and the rock hard abs he provided me with in the movie! Yes, I am back to drooling, hee hee!

Comments

exschoolnerd said…
i havent seen this movie yet...but its on my list of must-see-movies sha...am a sucker for movies like this..and someone described it as gladiators on steriods..lol..so it's be fun to watch...saw ur piece on me..someone sent it to me..right on! but the obsessing wt american culture part...nah...i watch t.v alot..yeah it's the only thing i get to do..bt m not obsessed o!...but thanx alot..
Lolita said…
Yes, I spent a day catching up on your old posts and was impressed by your creativity. I hope you put it to good use.

300 is a definite must see. I did not think it was that gory, I expected something out of this world from a few reviews I read. I also like that it did not go on for too long. There is a lot to like about this movie, let me know what you think when you see it :)
SOLOMONSYDELLE said…
I have liked Gerard Butler since I first saw him in a TNT movie called Attila. He was and is a good actor and I hope 300 will help make him more of a household name.

As for his looks, well, let's just say, they definitely do not hurt. lol!

Popular Posts