Russell Crowe...

Who is he?

Only one of the greatest actors of all time, if not the greatest! Yes, I said it! This weekend was a weekend of coincidences; maybe I'll get into why in a later blog but let me get back to Mr. Crowe.
I rented "Cinderella Man" this weekend, you see, I have always wanted to see this movie since I saw the previews but I never went to see it and I wont say why; pugilism(Oh, and I learned a new word, Pugilism). So this weekend, I picked it up and took it all the way to the counter and brought it home.

Russell made me fall in love, not only with the character he portrayed but also with him. He carried that movie, I'm not taking anything away from Paul Giamatti, Renee Zellweger or even Craig Bierko, but he made you understand what a real man would do to protect his family.
He was honest and he kept his promises. What more can you ask for in a man? I cried, I laughed, and I talked to my TV. The whole movie was excellent, the great thing about dvds is the bonus material. I watched the deleted scenes and even those should have been left in the movie. I don't know what happened at the box office after the fiasco with the phone...
So this is my appeal to Ron Howard, Penny Marshall and Brian Grazer, re-release this movie in the theatres because people need to see how good men live their lives. He was down on his luck but did not turn to crime, when he was up and successful , he never cheated on his wife...he kept his promises!

I know what you are saying, "That's Hollywood." Well, I believe that if Russell could make me believe he was that sweet, caring man, he must have some of those traits to be able to pull it off so well. Also, if Jim Braddock was really everything that Russell portrayed, then, thank God for men like him.

The movie was inspiring and Russell was superb!

C'est tout!

Comments

Popular Posts